Commercial Construction Project Superintendent Position
A.J. Brown is looking for an experienced Commercial Construction Project Superintendent. This position offers an opportunity to enter into a stable, long-term career with a credible, rapidly growing company.
The ideal candidate for this position possesses strong, hands-on commercial project supervision experience.
- Oversee and supervise all field crew members including foreman, carpenters, laborers, and project operations.
- Develop a project site logistics plan and work with the project manager to determine the method and sequencing of construction. Plans, directs, coordinates, and budgets activities.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with owners, subcontractors, and vendors.
- Communicate and promote a safe working environment and company safety standards, with strong knowledge of OSHA regulations.
- Must be able to read plans and have a strong knowledge of commercial construction techniques and standards.
- Assist Project Managers in Shop Drawing and Submittal process.
- Schedule subcontractors in accordance with the project schedule and maintain completion dates.
- 5+ years’ related experience with large-scale commercial or industrial construction project operations required.
- Ability to read, understand, and interpret contract documents including drawings, specifications, scopes of work, and project schedules
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Significant experience with medium to large commercial general contracting
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and customer service skills
- Superior organizational and time management skills
- Self-motivation and goal orientation
- Solid understanding of construction accounting principles and standard AIA contract documents
- Proficient with Outlook, Excel, and Word is a plus.
- Experience with Procore, Sage, and CMP Scheduling is preferred, but not required.
May 3, 2023